Promoting Community Awareness and Involvement
Fire Suppression, Prevention, Rescue, and Emergency Response
Bexar County Burn Ban:
“The Mission of the Bexar-Bulverde Volunteer Fire Department is to provide fire suppression and prevention with rescue and emergency medical first-responder services through professional, caring, and prompt customer service to protect lives and preserve property while promoting community awareness and involvement.”
The Bexar-Bulverde Volunteer Fire Department (BBVFD) is a 501c.4 registered with the State of Texas. A board of up to 7 directors has oversight of the financial and operational functions of the organization. The BBVFD contracts its fire and rescue services to Bexar County Emergency Service District (ESD) #3. ESD #3 is operated by five commissioners appointed by the Bexar County Commissioners’ Court. Due to rigid financial stewardship and thorough strategic planning by both boards, ESD #3 has set one of the lowest tax rates in Bexar County.
To be recognized by the community and our peers as:
- A model of excellence in providing fire protection, emergency first-responder medical services, and related services
- A department dedicated to continuous improvement of every detail of the services we provide
- A department that promotes an environment of tolerance, trust, and involvement
- A department responsive to the community’s needs and concerns.
- A department sought out as a career destination
Department Core Values
The core value of the Bexar-Bulverde Volunteer Fire Department is the belief that our people are our most important asset. Those values include: